What Are The Best Boat Excursions Between The Archipelago Beaches?
The Maddalena archipelago is the spectacular group of islands in the extreme east coast north of Sardinia. Not far from Palau where the excursions to the archipelago start.
The color of the water in this area is something incredible! Ranging from intense blue to turquoise and emerald green, the water is so transparent that is rather similar to those of the Caribbean beaches.
The 7 main islands of the archipelago:
- Santo Stefano
- Santa Maria
What are the main islands to visit?
- La Maddalena. The main island of the archipelago and the only inhabited. The city of La Maddalena is one of the most interesting villages to visit with the lovely historical center. A walk through the streets of the village is really worth it. On the island some amazing coves and beautiful small beaches.
- Caprera. The second island by extension. Connected to La Maddalena by a bridge-dam. The island is known to have been the home of Giuseppe Garibaldi for over 20 years. His white house (a mexican fazenda style) is today a museum visited by many tourists during the summer months. One of the most beautiful bays on this island is Cala Coticcio, a true natural paradise which is considered among the most beautiful beaches in Italy.
- Santo Stefano. The closest island to Palau just a few miles from the coast. On this small island you can stay at the beautiful Santo Stefano Resort with a spectacular private beach. A unique location in Sardinia!
- Spargi. The beaches of Spargi are those of the brochures that represent the unique beauty of La Maddalena Islands. Not even the best filter on your phone will be able to reproduce the colors of its waters. The island of Spargi is worth the whole trip to Sardinia!
- Budelli. On this island and its only inhabitant a modern Robinson Crusoe (the caretaker who was shipwrecked here about 30 years ago established his exclusive residence). Here the world famous beach Spiaggia Rosa. Beautiful and drastically protected inlet, it’s forbidden to the public and it’s only possible to observe it from a distance. The color of the sand is pink due to the corals. Through the boat excursion you can have a look to take some pictures.
- Santa Maria. In addition to the two main islands, this is also permanently inhabited. Here you can visit the beautiful cove of Santa Maria, a Caribbean beach where the water is ultra transparent. Usually the stop on this beach is normally scheduled during the boat excursion to the archipelago.
- Razzoli. A small island with of just under 2 square kilometers. There are incredible paradisiacal coves perfect for snorkeling
You cannot miss the boat-trip to the Maddalena archipelago, one of the most beautiful places in the Mediterranean!
BEST LA MADDALENA ISLANDS BOAT TOURS
Book your tour online. Easy cancellation.
Take a 7-hour boat tour to discover the Maddalena Archipelago. The tour includes stops in different islands of the archipelago, including Spargi, Budelli, Santa Maria and La Maddalena, where you can enjoy a pleasant swim or visit some shops. Furthermore, you will have a bar and restaurant service on board.
The tours depart every morning from the port of Palau and from the port of La Maddalena.
Enjoy a walk and some shopping in the city center of La Maddalena. If you wish, you can take an optional open-top bus tour at La Maddalena (for an additional fee).
You will embark at 09.45 and leave Palau at 10:30 am towards the beautiful island of Spargi. Once you arrive, grab your beach bag and visit the amazing little beaches of the island
Back on the boat, you will find ready a tasty lunch with pasta with scampi and mussels as an optional second course. You will then depart from Spargi and set sail along the coast to the island of Budelli, where you will have the opportunity to take photos of the famous Spiaggia Rosa.
The emerald waters of the Port of the Madonna will take your breath away. Head to the island of Santa Maria, where you can get to the beach, sunbathe and go for a swim, or go for a walk to the ancient lighthouse on the island.
Enjoy a unique cruise on a large and modern dinghy, suitable for families or groups looking for adventure but also relaxation.
Spend a day discovering the Maddalena archipelago aboard a comfortable boat for a small group of people. The skipper on board will choose the best route according to the weather conditions and will define a magnificent itinerary perfect to discover the Maddalena Archipelago National Park.
Get on board of luxury catamaran to join a tour around the beautiful islands of the La Maddalena Archipelago National Park from Palau. Cruise the crystal clear waters, visit secluded beaches, swim and enjoy a typical Italian aperitif and lunch.
After lunch, the captain will decide the next island to visit based on the weather conditions and the tide. Explore Razzoli, Santa Maria or La Maddalena and spend a little more time in the water to cool off or relax on the deck.
The tour includes the departure from Olbia by minivan at 8.00 am to reach the port of Cannigione. Here we will embark on the motor ship to the most beautiful islands of the Maddalena archipelago, in particular the islands of Spargi and Santa Maria where we will stop for about an hour in which we will swim in the crystal clear waters.
At lunchtime you can enjoy a first course of pasta with tomato sauce served on board by the crew. On the way back, we go along Punta Sardegna, Porto Raphael, Palau and Capo d’Orso.
The return to Cannigione is scheduled between 17:00 and 17:30 from where you will take the minivan to return to Olbia.
The excursions are offered by our partners who handle your booking safely. You will immediately get the confirmation with all the useful information about your tour. All info and photos of the excursions belong to the reference partners.
Do you want to promote your Maddalena tour on this page, contact us!